NEMACY UGANDA is a membership network with 8 categories of membership, open to Ugandans and non Ugandans interested in issues of young people.
Membership categories include:
- Individual Members
- Founder / Life Members
- Ordinary Members
- Associate Members
- Government Departments
- Corporate Members
- Donor Partners
- Honorary Members
Benefit to Members
- Alliances building /collaboration with other stakeholders in child protection at local, national and international levels,
- Access to update information on marginalized young people
- Platform for sharing, learning and promotion of best practices, skills and expertise on child protection and care
- Strong and collective voice for advocacy on child / youth concerns,
- Capacity building support, joint programme design and implementation.
Membership increased from 16 to 31 and are spearheading the development and implementation of bye-laws and ordinances aimed at child protection, addressed challenges in education such in free Universal Primary Education(UPE) by advocating for proper interpretation and implementation of UPE policy, building the capacity of teachers, more stakeholders involvement, improving the teaching-learning environment through construction of school facilities e.g. classrooms , toilet facilities and teachers’ houses, sponsoring school going children and youth, creating awareness on primary health care, reproductive health especially among young people, community health and sanitation and improving the health infrastructure to provide quality health services, responding and providing services to children and youth with disabilities, elderly among others.